Tuesday, August 10, 2010

STUPIDITY!!!

OMG!!!

I can hardly write these words~I'm still shaking my head at the stupidity of ....of.....of.....complacency.

Here's the story:

The other day I found a funny looking tool in the yard. I gave it to Ron. He determined it fell from the cable company's cables.

So, today, we have an appointment for them to come and put it back. I just got a call from a representitive of the cable company to confirm the appointed hours between which the repair guys will come.

First thing, she got the reason screwed up. She thought it was for bad reception (I wonder if that was an automatic--or just her being lazy---thing for her to ask). After I told her no, she asked me to please wait a minute, then "oh...I see....to replace a fallen cable." I knew it was useless to try to explain to the poor girl the real reason, so I just agreed.

Then......she asked me to verify the full address and phone number on the account, "....for security purposes..." I gave her my address.

Then......I said, "You just called me, so you have my phone number."

"Yes, but we still need it for security purposes."

"Well, doesn't the address I just gave you match the phone number YOU just called?"

"Yes, but I still need you to confirm for security purposes."

(Her droning tone of voice never changed, by the way).

I shook my head and told her the phone number THAT SHE JUST CALLED, so the poor dear would know it was ME she was actually talking to.

She told me to please have someone over the age of 18 here during the appointed hours when the reparimen got there and to have a nice day.

Come to think of it, she never asked my name................

So much for security.

From Out Of My Mind,
Pambo

No comments:

Post a Comment