Saturday, May 15, 2010

NEW IRON!!!!!!

I am sooooooo excited! I got a new iron the other day. (See blog "Mundane Chores")
My iron started leaking water from the spout into which you pour the water. I figured that it wasn't very safe to have water leaking all over an electrical appliance, so had to get a new one (oh darn!).

In the meantime, I borrowed one from my friend, who is allergic to ironing, yet has two irons....hmmmmm. Anyway, it was a cordless one. It was also a mindless one. I did not like it. I could only iron for a few seconds before the iron began to cool. In order for it to get hot again, I had to put it back in its base to re-charge and heat. Suddenly, ironing became mundane and no fun.

I needed to get to Walmart or Walgreen's or somewhere quick to get a new one before I went insane.

If you've read up on me, you know I don't drive because of a genetic eye disease that has rendered me legally blind. I have to rely on my friends or husband to take me somewhere further than I'm willing to walk.

I had a lunch planned with one of those wonderful friends the next day and had planned on asking her to take me to find an iron. In the middle of the night, I had an epiphany! It's very difficult for me to iron black, dark blue and other dark colors because of my eye disease. I thought...."I wonder if there's an iron with a light on the front?"

I was so intrigued by the idea, I got up right then (2am) and googled it. After several searches (I won't bore you with the goofy things that came up when I put in the search bar; "Iron with a light")~~I finally found one. It's made by Conair and cost only 40 bucks!

Sooooooo, Amazon showed "out of stock indefintley". Conair didn't even show the stock number. So now I was depressed--my spirits needed ironing--haha.

I found Conair's phone number, called them and the lady told me they had them in stock (No, she didn't know why the website didn't show it) and placed my order.

Ironing is such a pleasure again. I leave the clothes in the dryer too long on purpose, just so I'll have lots of wrinkles to iron--with a light!

From Out of Pambo's Mind
Pambo
PS NO! I'm not OCD....

No comments:

Post a Comment