Tuesday, May 4, 2010

What's With the Slobby-Scuffy Look?

I just don't get it.

This fad that's been around for a couple of years now of men and their scruffy faces. C'mon guys....it's really ugly and sloppy and makes you look like a slob. Not to mention, it's pretty creepy too.

Frankly, there are only about one percent of the whole population in the world that can carry it off and look good--meaning NOT like a slob. One of my sons-in-law is one of them. He's very handsome both ways. I'm not sure about the other son-in-law; I've seen him clean-shaven or with a real beard. He's also very handsome both ways.

I'm so disgusted when I see men on TV, either well known actors, or TV commercial guys who sport this creepy look. Most of the TV commercial guys are not that good looking anyway, and then to try to get by with the scruffy look~nuh-uh~it just doesn't work.

I saw a picture of Harrison Ford on the front of People a year or so ago. Now, Harrison Ford is a really handsome guy, and one that is aging quite well---but the scruffy look made him look icky and creepy. But there he was, with that cute little crooked smile on the front of the magazine, probably thinking he looked good. NOT! NOT! NOT!

I wonder what idiot decided to start this fad? A lazy man? A stupid woman? Someone on some really good narcotics?

It's probably the same idiot who thought low-rider pants and skinny jeans would look good on everyone. I think they forgot to pass out all the hallucinogenic drugs to go with these styles so we'd just think it looks good on everyone.

I'll be glad when "slob" goes OUT of fashion.

I think the style of the "hoodlums" of the sixties should come back. Even though those guys were considered outcasts, they were pressed and neat outcasts. The tight white t-shirts, the tapered leg, cuffed blue jeans...t-shirt tucked in and belted, of course...basically, the James Dean look. Now that's handsome! HOT even......

From Out of Pambos Mind
Pambo

2 comments:

  1. It's all in the eye of the beholder. You obviously don't watch Lost. Sawyer takes off his shirt and not a single viewer cares if he is scruffy or clean shaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops I left out a word...not a single *female* viewer cares how scruffy Sawyer looks. He's the main bad good guy or good bad guy in the cast. Depends on which you prefer!

    ReplyDelete