Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mundane Chores

Mundane Chores

.
I love washing dishes in my sink with my own two hands. I love to iron, too.

Mundane to you? As a kid, I HATED doing those chores. As an adult, I realized that both of those chores are very theraputic.

Not to mention, no one bothers you! It's amazing how everyone can dissappear when it's time to do the dishes. I don't even own a dishwasher. There is a window over my sink, which I can observe the goings on in the neighborhood during the day.

We used to live in the country and I love watching the Martins (birds--not neighbors!) play while I did my dishes. Sometimes they'd get to pestering the squirrels so much, I'd laugh out loud at their antics. My husband wondered how washing dishes could be so funny!

When I take clothes from the dryer, I'm glad to see wrinkles. Weird, I know, but it's true.

Holding up a freshly pressed item, that I just ironed and is now smooth and wrinkle gives me a silly sense of satisfaction. I accomplished something in those few moments of steam-iron bliss. No one in my family ever left the house wearing wrinkled clothes.

I ask you all to try it: Those of you addicted to dishwashers; those of you that pull the clothes out of the dryer and shake them, ignoring any wrinkles that persist in remaing -- I DARE you
to wash your dishes and iron your clothes
Wait until you've had a bad day....you'll be amazed at the results.

From Out of Pambo's Mind
Pambo

1 comment:

  1. You are crazy...nuts...a lunatic!! Mom, I just can't imagine ever enjoying doing the dishes or ironing (in fact, it is rare that I do any ironing...Brandon does most of it...but not until it is time to wear it, never when it is fresh out of the dryer!)

    I am glad you have your simple pleasures. Perhaps when I am 50, retired, and blind I will also like it because I will be to old, bored, and well, blind, to see what a horrible job I am doing!! hahaha!!! (for those of you that don't know me...I am not very good at cleaning)

    ReplyDelete