Thursday, April 8, 2010

Are People Really THIS Stupid?

Okay, People.........
So, I'm sitting here working on editing my book. (FYI-I love to edit other people's writing, but get bored easily editing my own-especially on this fourth editing--ack!)

Anyway, I keep an eye on my Yahoo tab to watch if I get any emails~gives me a nice break from editing, especially if it's one that requires a reply.

In the last twenty minutes, I received three--yup--count 'em--three emails from American Bank, or something like that, claiming that someone has "gotten into my account without authorization". First of all, who the hell is American Bank? I don't even have an account with them. We use ONE bank, which is across the street from us, not to mention, we don't even do ANY banking on-line.

Do these idiot scammers think that people are really that stupid to open the link? To give them personal info? To whatever...?

Jeez.

I've received emails from THE FBI!!! (OMG!!!). I laughed the first time and deleted it. After the third time, I called the FBI office in Springfield, IL. An actual live human answered the phone. After recovering from that shock, I told her about the email. She told me it's not real and to just delete it. I rolled my eyes, (I'm sure she heard it over the phone), and got a little testy with her when I told her, "I KNOW it's fake. I just wanted to give YOU the info, so you could track them down!" hmph!

"Oh," she replied, "okay. We do know about it and are working on tracking them down. You just need to delete anymore you get." So I do.

But, fercrissakes! Who are these dipshits who send these emails out? The ones that tell me that there is fifty bazillion francs, pounds, sheckles, whatev's being held in a bank in whatever country applies. Just give us all your personal info, and we'll get all that money to you in a jiffy! Uh-Huh!

I can't believe that people are really that gullible. Are they?

Hmmmmmm............

From Out Of My Mind,
PamBo

No comments:

Post a Comment