Thursday, April 15, 2010

Playing in the Dirt!

I'm tellin' y'all right here, right now........
Playing in the dirt is extremely theraputic! I've been a little blue the last few days.

Lack of sleep will do that to you, lack of sleep from INFERNO FLASHES do it too.

Thank goodness it's spring! Gardening time!

I've been out playing in the dirt all afternoon. I love the smell of dirt. I love plunging my hands into the freshly tilled powdery earth to plant my vegetables. I don't care if my fingernails have a black line in them, my cuticles stained dirt, or even if a nail or two breaks.

As I raked, hoed and planted,I sang along with the array of Golden Oldies on my iPod. I even danced.

I'm over fifty....I don't care if I look and/or sound silly. It's my yard, I can do as I wish while playing in my dirt!

Now, with sore muscles, I'm happy again. No more blues.

Just dirty fingernails, a little sunburn and the anticipation of fresh yummy vegetables.

Go play in your dirt!

From Out of My Mind,
Pambo



No comments:

Post a Comment