Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Very Cruel, Cruel Joke

Hot Flashes........
I'm having one now. My particular brand of Hot Flashes are INFERNO Flashes.

In my younger days, it was rare for me to have sweat rolling off of me when I'd get hot doing whatever. I'd look at folks who, when they broke a sweat, would have sweat rolling and pouring off of them in buckets and feel sorry for them. I thought that looked so uncomfortable. I was grateful that I wasn't that kind of sweat-er.

Joke's on me......I don't even have to be doing anything to sweat like that now. I can even be sleeping soundly and sweat like that now. Within seconds, I can be dripping wet with sweat.
It is soooooo much fun, I'm tellin ya!

NOT! NOT! NOT!

I had a hysterectomy a little over a year ago. I immediately went into full blown menopause, with a vengance. Mood swings....( I can handle those, been handling them for years now), weight gain (yuk!) and Inferno Flashes.

I haven't had a good night's sleep since then. (Thank Goodness I'm not working anymore, I really don't know how I'd manage). I sleep for an hour or two (I get excited when I look at the clock and I see that I've had more than two hours sleep-rare, but it happens). I'm awakened by my very wet, very slick, very disgusting body that is sweating like a pig. Gross.

It's not funny and it's not fair. It's depressing. Really depressing. I cry about it. I cuss about it. I've cussed anyone and anything I can think of that would be responsible for putting women in this state of being.

God. Mother Nature. The Fates. Karma. Fairy Godmothers. Men. Whoever. Whatever.

There are times when I wish I wasn't a woman.

Then I shudder at the thought of being a man.....I really and truly do not want any soft, meaty, mushy things dangling between my legs. Although, it would be nice to be able to stand up and pee!

I just get so GD frustated at these F$%$^ING Inferno Flashes. I cry and cuss and cry and cuss.

Then I laugh. Sometimes hysterically ~ what else can I do?

I laugh because I know why it is the female of the human species that endure all the pain and frustration and depression of what we endure.

Boobs. Menestration. Huge uncomfortable child-carrying bellies. Agonizing childbirth. Nursing babies causing sore boobs. Many more years of menestration and the pains/problems that go along with it. Finally menopause and all of its problems.

Men were not emotionally and mentally built to be able to handle any of the above.

OMG! Can you imagine ANY man (even the gay ones) handling any ONE of the things on that list? Now THAT'S funny!

But hey God! Mother Nature! The Fates! Karma! Fairy Godmothers! Whomever!......
It sure would've been nice to let them have one or two of those things! Why don't you give them cramps and Hot Flashes! That'd be fair.

Yeah, that'd be really fair. Next generation of males should evolve to have cramps and hot flashes. Give the females a break.

From Out Of Pambos Mind
Pambo (laughing and fanning herself.......)

No comments:

Post a Comment