Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Trivial Poison Ivy.....So Inconsequential

Well, you think I'd know better....

I got into some poison ivy the other day, but didn't realize that's what it was. Well, somewhere in the back of my mind I wondered, but kept snipping at it anyway. No gloves, tank top and cut-offs were the outfit of the day...great for cutting poison ivy.

In my defense, I thought that poison ivy, 1) leaves were green, 2)grew in clusters, and 3) stayed on the ground.

What I cut back was 1) red leaves, 2) a single vine, and 3)twining up and around a tree trunk.

Yeah, it had "leaves of three" but so do other weeds!

Two days later, I broke out on my left eyelid, under my chin, behind my right ear and under my left boob. The day after that, those rashes were worse and new rashes formed on different areas on my legs, under my right boob, behind my right ear and my neck and the left side of my face!

Ohhhh boy! I took some benedryl two nights in a row to help me not itch and to sleep. While I didn't itch, I didn't sleep well, either. Plus I was groggy for a few hours the mornings after. I didn't take any last night, and I'm not groggy, but itchy! ACK!

I "flip" through blogs and read any that catch my eye. I just read on from a woman who had breast cancer and thought she's beat it. She's waiting on results to see.

Here I am whining about hot flashes (see a previous blog) and poison ivy. Neither of which is life threatening, devastating or even worrisome. My daughter's brother-in-law (in his late 20's) just had a brain tumor removed (for the second time) and will start chemo and radiation treatments soon. Again....here I am whining about trivial things happening to me.

The lady blogger and the young man really put my teensy little problems into perspective. They also remind me to not wait to tell people I love that I love them. To tell a stranger that "you look pretty in that color" or "hey! great hat!" Or to just smile at a sourpuss and hopefully brighten his day.

So, to all of you that read this and know me and love me....I LOVE YOU!

Now, you go tell your loved ones you love them...and smile at a sourpuss today!

No comments:

Post a Comment